Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.petfoodpros.com.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where your data is sent
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
- Your privacy is important to us. It is PetFoodPros’ policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you in relation to use on our website, https://www.PetFoodPros.com, and other sites we own and operate. We only request personal information when we truly need it to provide a service to you. We collect information by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we’re collecting information and how it will be used as it applies for data processing.
- What and where we store:
- If you are an affiliate, we store a cookie with your affiliate ID and map it to the user accessing our site with your link.
- If you are a visitor accessing our site with the affiliate link, we store your IP address. And if you place an order, then your order details are stored along with your IP address.
- Export/Delete personal dataExporting personal data is available for both – affiliate and visitor.
- Export/delete of personal data will be processed only after receiving confirmation about it.
- For deleting cookie data, a visitor can simply delete cookies from their browser.– Emails can be sent to the user for various actions such as Reward Points Earning, Reward Points Redeeming, etc
- What we collect and store
- User ID
- The user id is used for storing the points earned, redeemed by the user
- Payment Details for Cashback
- The user’s PayPal email id/Payment details are collected during the cashback requests
- Phone Number
- We use the billing phone number to send SMS notifications about the Reward Points Earned/Redeemed.
- User ID
- We only retain collected information for as long as necessary to provide you with your requested service. Any data we store, we’ll protect within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We don’t share any personally identifiable information publicly or with third-parties, except when required by law. Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and practices of these sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies.
- Rights of User:
- You have the right to refuse our request for your personal information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services.
- Your continued use of our website will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around privacy and personal information. If you have any questions about how we handle user data and personal information, feel free to contact us by completing the contact us form.
- We maintain reasonable organizational security measures to protect the personal data we process, from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, loss or destruction.
This policy is effective as of 1 January 2023.